Kiev Soccer Club was founded in March 1951 by Alexander Minko and Igor Schorsch, migrants from Ukraine. The club took its' name from Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine, and the famous Dynamo Kyiv team.

Their playing colours of yellow and blue were adopted from the Ukrainian national flag in the late 1960’s. The clubs' original playing strip was all-black.

Kiev’s first competitive game was on 12 April 1953 when they claimed a 3-1 victory over Wundowie in Division Three North of the Western Australian Soccer Football Association.

In 1962 Kiev entered Division One of the newly formed Western Australian Soccer Federation. The club finished second to Swan Valley to gain promotion to the top flight for the first time.

For the next few years they bounced between the top two tiers, changing their name from Kiev to Kiev-Victoria Park and then back to Kiev.

Spells at Langley Park in Perth, Weston Street in Carlisle and Raphael Park in Victoria Park preceded the club's 1963 relocation to Walter Road Reserve in Inglewood, which remains their home ground to this day.

1964 saw Kiev capture their first trophy by finishing top of Division One, with State representative Peter Atkinson voted the league’s Player of the Year. Another second tier championship followed in 1967.

Kiev announced their top flight return by placing second to Perth Azzurri on the 1968 league table. They went on to win the Top Four Cup, downing Cracovia 2-1 in the final courtesy of a Bev Allen double.

1970 brought about another name change - to Inglewood Kiev - and within twelve months a 21-year lease was arranged for the use of Walter Road Reserve.

Striker Len Dundo scored himself a hat-trick of Golden Boots as the top flight’s leading goal scorer in 1972, 1973 and 1974. In those three seasons alone Dundo amassed 77 goals for Inglewood.

Inglewood commemorated their 25th anniversary with the construction of clubrooms at the northern end of the ground. The new bar and office facilities were officially opened in November 1976.

1977 will long be remembered as the year Inglewood truly came of age. Robert Earl (3) and Nick Macallum (2) may have scored the goals in a 5-1 State Cup final mauling of Spearwood Dalmatinac but it was defender Jimmy Smith who was recognised as best on ground.

English import Gordon Todd celebrated his first State League season by taking out the Gold Medal, awarded to the top flights’ best player. John Davidson ensured the year ended on a high by scoring the solitary goal in a 1-0 Top Four Cup victory over Floreat Athena.

Lee Adam created State League history by becoming the first player to collect two Gold Medals, the midfielder winning the prestigious award in 1978 and again in 1980.

Memories of England’s 1966 World Cup win were revived in mid-1981 when team captain Bobby Moore joined Inglewood for two guest appearances.

Midfield livewire Norrie Sutton became Inglewood’s fourth Gold Medal winner in six seasons when he won the award in 1982.

Inglewood lifted their first Night Series trophy in 1983. A Paddy Morris goal in the first period of extra-time was enough to gain a 1-0 win over West Perth Macedonia. Further success eluded the club in the years that followed, culminating in relegation to the second tier in 1987.

It wasn’t until a competition restructure in 1993, brought on by the formation of new peak body the Professional Soccer Federation, that top flight football returned to Inglewood. The following year new president Zyggie Kramer secured a new 10-year lease on Walter Road Reserve.

The club entered 1995 as Inglewood Falcons and ended it as Premier League runners-up and Top Four Cup finalists. Jason Ainsley was the runaway winner of that season's Gold Medal.

Inglewood finally reached the State League pinnacle by winning the 1996 Premier League. Goals on the final day of the season by Scott Daley and veteran Ian Ballantyne scored Inglewood a 2-1 win over near-neighbours Bayswater City, who entered the afternoon in top spot. Norrie Sutton collected his second Gold Medal and Ronnie More was voted Goalkeeper of the Year.

The State Cup returned to Inglewood in 1999 courtesy of Gavin Tait, whose second half header was enough to see off Floreat Athena 1-0.

A rebranding to Inglewood United in 2000 preceded the negotiation of a new 25-year lease on Walter Road Reserve. The following year the club celebrated their 50th anniversary with the opening of a new 1,000-seat stadium, the Kramer Stand, on the western side of Walter Road Reserve.

Although now recognised as one of the State League’s powerhouse clubs, Inglewood’s only trophy capture of recent times was the 2005 Night Series. Jason Colli, Dean Apelgren and Rory Mouttet were the scorers in a convincing 3-0 defeat of Swan IC.

By contrast, individual accolades have flowed for Inglewood players. Robbie Zabica (2000) and Oliver Taseski (2001, 2009 and 2011) were recognised with Goalkeeper of the Year awards, while Louis Parkinson (2003) and Jack Clisby (2012) have been added to list of Gold Medal recipients.